True Grip Off Road Limited trading as True Grip Off Road (ÔÇ£the CompanyÔÇØ)
- All courses are offered subject to availability and weather conditions. The Company cannot guarantee that a course will not be withdrawn if the weather or ground conditions render it, in our opinion, unsafe to operate; and the CompanyÔÇÖ decision in this regard shall be ´¼ünal and binding on all parties.
- Placement of your order in any format constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions, notwithstanding which no contract shall come into existence between us until your order is accepted verbally or in writing by us. Any written or oral representations made to you prior to contract are hereby excluded from forming part of the contract, unless expressly incorporated therein.
PRICES AND PAYMENT
- All prices are quoted inclusive of VAT unless stated otherwise.
- Payment (Courses). Payment can be made by cheque, debit/credit card, bank transfer or in cash. Full payment is due at the time of booking. If you (customer) wish to pay via personal or company cheque, then the course booking will not be confirmed until the Company is in receipt of cleared funds. Acceptance of company purchase orders is at the discretion of the Company.
- Payment (Group or special bookings). Payment can be made by cheque, debit/credit card, bank transfer or in cash. If full payment cannot be made, a 20% deposit is due at the time of booking. This is not refundable. The remaining balance needs to be paid no later than 2 weeks before the event date. If you (customer) wish to pay via personal or company cheque, then the course booking will not be confirmed until the Company is in receipt of cleared funds. Acceptance of company purchase orders is at the discretion of the Company.
- Payment (Gift Vouchers). Payment can be made by cheque, debit/credit card, bank transfer or in cash. Full payment is due at the time of purchase. If you (customer) wish to pay via personal or company cheque, then the course booking will not be confirmed until the Company is in receipt of cleared funds.
Please read and understand the Booking Terms and Conditions carefully.
The company will endeavour to provide courses on your preferred dates, however, it cannot guarantee course availability on dates chosen.
- Bookings can be made by telephone or email to our Bookings Office on 01233 662251 (firstname.lastname@example.org) during normal office opening times. (Opening times are published on our website at www.truegrip-offroad.co.uk/contaact-us/
Applications for a booking can be made by email to email@example.com. The following information must be included:
- Details of Voucher Company and Voucher Number/Booking Code.
- Name of Applicant.
- Telephone number for call back if necessary.
Once a booking is accepted whether in writing, email or by telephone it is treated as a confirmed booking by True Grip Off Road at the time of entry onto the diary.
The customer must bring their voucher with them on the day of their booking
- Once we have received your booking (or payment in the case of Direct Bookings) a confirmation email will be sent to you stating the date and time of the booking and the location of the event. Attached will be a copy of our Full Terms and Conditions, Directions to our Venues and a Form of Declaration. In the circumstance of an email address not being available we will send the confirmation by post.
- We operate a ÔÇÿFirst Come First ServedÔÇÖ bookings policy and whist we give help and advice with regard to availability of booking slots they cannot be reserved or provisionally booked.
- Where a booking is made and the Company is awaiting clearance of funds, the booking will be deemed provisional and will not be confirmed until payment (or clearance of funds) is received. If payment is not received within 2 weeks of the booked date, the session will be cancelled and you will advised as such.
CANCELLATION AND REBOOKING POLICY
Your booking usually prevents others from booking at the specific time and date and in the event of cancellation or rebooking it also incurs a large unrecoverable cost to the operator. It is therefore subject to a recognised cancellation policy for activity, events and training bookings which is in line with Regulation 6 of the Distance Selling Regulations issued by the Office of Fair Trading.
The Cancellation and Rebooking Policy is thus:
- 2 week change/cancellation policy ÔÇô 50% of the current published course price.
- 2 Day change/cancellation ÔÇô full fees apply to the booking
- The customer can change the booking day or time up to 2 weeks before the course date free of charge. If the customer wishes to change their booking within 2 weeks, a 50% rebooking fee will apply. This is in place to cover our running cost of the course. Vehicles and instructors are booked 2 weeks in advanced and once booked we must honour the work.If the customer wishes to change or alter their booking within 2 days of the course date then the full fee of the course will apply.
- Should you incur a re-booking fee then this will be payable by debit/credit card or bank transfer at the time of rebooking.
- Please remember it may not be possible to change your booking to another date prior to the expiry of your gift voucher. We are bound by the terms and conditions of the relevant experience agency the voucher has been purchased from. Each customer can only change their booking once.
- Should you wish to cancel the booking in its entirety within this period then the voucher will be deemed as spent and non-refundable either as a value of the voucher or monetary.
Please note the above timescales include Weekends and Public Holidays.
- Should you not arrive for your booking without prior communication then you will forfeit your voucher or monies paid, no refund will be given. Rebooking in this instance will not be possible but True Grip Off Road will endeavour to try and book you in under a new booking (subject to availability and price).
- The above Policy as set out applies in all circumstances ÔÇô including workplace commitments, traffic delays, unable to find the venue and any other circumstances beyond the control of True Grip Off Road.
- If a customer suffers a debilitating illness which renders them unable to take the experience/course then prior notice must be received by telephone or email to before the experience/course takes place. True Grip will amend the rebooking fee accordingly based on the merit of each case.
- No responsibility can be taken by us for inappropriate bookings. It is the customers responsibility to acquaint themselves with the nature of the booking before it is placed either by websites belonging to True Grip or that of Issuing Voucher company.
BAD WEATHER OR OTHER UNAVOIDABLE CIRCUMSTANCES AT THE VENUE
- True Grip Off Road operates in virtually all weathers. If an activity is cancelled due to bad weather or any other unavoidable circumstance at the venue such as when a vehicle is booked and on the rare occasion it suffers a last minute vehicle failure we will endeavour to contact the customer as soon as practicably possible provided a valid telephone number has been provided. In the event of a vehicle failure an alternative vehicle will be substituted (if available) or you will be rebooked as set out below in Rebooking because of bad weather.
- If the booking has to be rescheduled because of inclement weather or other unavoidable circumstances at the venue your booking will be rescheduled to a mutually convenient time and date.
- If the customer is only in the area for a short time we will hold the voucher or booking ÔÇÿopenÔÇÖ irrespective of any expiry date to when it can be used by the customer or other nominated person.
True Grip Off Road is essentially an all-weather venue.┬á In the event of serious inclement weather conditions the venue is risk assessed on an hourly basis or as frequent as seen fit. Allowance is also made for the conditions of the surrounding local roads. If the risk assessment allows the continuance of the bookings these will not be eligible for re-scheduling. ┬á┬áIn these circumstances if it is a customerÔÇÖs decision not to attend or take part then it will be deemed as a re-booking or cancellation and the above rebooking and cancellation policy will apply.
True Grip Off Road will endeavour to deliver a booking but if they are unable to do so for any reason True Grip Off Road will not be liable, neither will the Company pay compensation for any travelling expenses, food or accommodation costs.
- Group Bookings are quoted for as per head or per activity basis and once agreed is binding even if the amount of attendees reduces. Furthermore the amount of attendees cannot increase without the prior notification and acceptance by True Grip Off Road. If the quote is accepted by all parties and the booking is made then a 20% non-refundable deposit is required at the time of booking the balance to be settled 14 days prior to the event taking place.
VALIDITY OF TRUE GRIP COMPANY VOUCHERS
- All True Grip issued vouchers are usually valid for Nine (9) Months from the date of issue. The validity period may be different if the voucher is part of a special offer or otherwise, so please check and ensure you are aware of the expiry date. They can be booked as per the booking instructions issued with the voucher in accordance with the aforementioned booking terms and conditions. All True Grip Off Road vouchers must be booked by the expiry date indicated on the voucher. They can be taken no later than 2 months after the expiry date.
- Vouchers may be extended for an additional 3 month period prior to the expiry of the original voucher. Extensions will be charged at ┬ú35 plus any increase in the cost of the experience at the time of extending the voucher.
PAYMENT FOR TRUE GRIP VOUCHERS
- Payment for the purchase of True Grip vouchers must be paid in full by cash, credit/debit card or bank transfer at the point of sale. We do not accept American Express.
REFUNDS FOR TRUE GRIP VOUCHERS
- In the unlikely event of a refund being payable this will be paid to the original purchaser at the month end in which the refund was requested. The sum will be the full amount less an administration charge of ┬ú25.
- Once the experience is booked then no refund can be made. No refund will be made if the voucher has expired.
REFUNDS FOR EXPERIENCE COMPANY VOUCHERS
- No other refunds will be given for Gift Voucher purchases. In the case of vouchers issued by gift or voucher companies any refunds or exchanges must be taken up with the company issuing the voucher.
- You or a recipient may transfer the voucher to another person without recourse to True Grip Off Road during its validity period.
- Any transfer of vouchers from another party will be subject to the issuing companiesÔÇÖ terms and conditions and are not the responsibility of True Grip Off Road.
COURSE TYPES: Please see our website for current prices on all products.
A┬á1:1 or exclusive course means you have sole use of the vehicle.┬á Up to two friends┬áor family can ride as passengers or share the driving with you subject to the one-off passenger fees listed below:
One hour off road. ┬ú20 passenger fee
Two hour off road. ┬ú30 passenger fee
Half day off road. ┬ú40 passenger fee
Full day off road. ┬ú50 passenger fee
A 2:1, 3.1 or shared course means you┬áwill be┬ásharing the vehicle with other customers who we┬áwill have been booked alongside you. If you have brought a guest and there is a vacancy in the vehicle they can ride as a passenger for part of the course if the opportunity arises for a small extra charge, they will have no opportunity to drive unless they have upgraded into the vacant slot.┬áWe cannot guarantee a seat for additional guests on shared courses, so please ask at the time of booking. ┬á
- Please┬áarrive at our Off Road Driving Venues no more than 30 minutes before the start time of your course.┬á Upon arrival please park your vehicle carefully in the car park┬áand make your way to the reception room.
- Any children who require a booster/child seat cannot come in the experience vehicle on the site.┬áAny child must wear an adult seatbelt at all times whilst in the vehicles.┬á ChildrenÔÇÖs safety seats, harnesses, and booster seats are not allowed in the cars neither are they provided. Children who do not require a booster seat can come in the vehicle providing the parent/guardian and instructor are satisfied.
- Even though children are welcome at the site, please be aware our off road driving venue does not have specific facilities for children.┬á Any children brought to venue must be supervised by an adult at all times and cannot be left alone. We will endeavour to make your visit as comfortable as possible.
- Persons who arrive with the experience customer are welcome to remain in the Reception/Refreshment Area whilst the experience or activity is taking place at the Off Road Site or they may leave to enjoy the activities and walking available in the local area and return later. Any passengers who will be travelling in the off road vehicles whether paying or otherwise are required to attend the safety briefing.
- Unfortunately, due to the nature of the estate, there are no facilities for persons not travelling in the off road vehicles to observe the proceedings at the off road site itself.
- If possible, please make all efforts to travel to the site in a single vehicle.┬á This will help with car parking at the venue and minimise disturbance to our neighbours and damage to the environment.
- When entering and leaving the venue please consider our neighbours and drive carefully as the roads are narrow.┬á Our venue is a working farming estate so please observe the country code, respect any animals you may encounter and give precedence to farm vehicles and implements.
RESTRICTIONS AND EXCLUSIONS FROM THE VENUE
- Participants must present their driving licence if requested to do so. For regular courses participants should hold a full and valid UK, EEC or International driving licence. For junior or special courses, drivers do not need to present a licence but must qualify our conditions for driving on the site. They must be large enough to reach and operate all controls, see clearly out of the windscreen and be able to receive instruction. They must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 18 years. They must be in good health and does not suffer from any medical conditions that could affect their ability to drive. Their eyesight at least to the standard required by law for driving. Any drivers we deem inappropriate to participate will be refused to take part. If a voucher is purchased and the recipient does not comply with these regulations, the Company cannot be expected to refund the cost of the voucher.
- True Grip Off Road does not allow any person to drive who has consumed any amount, however small of alcoholic drink, or who they think may be under the effects of drugs.
- We reserve the right to decline your participation in any course, experience or event if we consider you are un´¼üt to drive due to the consumption of drink, drugs, prescribed or otherwise or illness or where disability would in the opinion of True Grip Staff be dangerous to the vehicle, occupants and other venue users.
- True Grip Staff are trained and empowered to ask a participant driver for a breath test if they consider that person to have been drinking. It is not illegal to refuse to take a breath test, however a refusal will be taken as an admission to having consumed drink and the course/experience curtailed forthwith without recourse to any form of compensation and will then fall within the aforementioned Cancellation and Rebooking policy.
- True Grip staff are empowered and have the right at any time to refuse participants access to the booked activity at any stage of the booking and remove them from the venue if in their opinion any of the aforementioned under the restrictions paragraph apply. They may also refuse participation in the booked activity if the participant arrives too late for the safety briefing or delay will inconvenience and impact upon other customers activities and bookings.
- Participants may also have the experience curtailed early and be asked to leave if they do not take proper notice of the Instructor, or in the Instructors opinion their manner of driving is dangerous or risks damage to a True Grip vehicle or other participants at the venue.
- Any persons displaying aggressive or abusive words or behaviour, verbal or physical towards any members of True Grip staff, or any persons which are on premises owned and/or operated by True Grip off Road will be ejected from the premises, the booking curtailed and subject to the aforementioned Cancellation and Rebooking policy.
- All persons will be required to abide by the CompanyÔÇÖs rules as to health and safety at all times. Failure to adhere to the CompanyÔÇÖs lawful instructions whilst attending at the CompanyÔÇÖs site will entitle the Company to ask the offender to leave the CompanyÔÇÖs premises and to forcibly remove him/her if necessary. In such circumstances no refund will be provided and the offender will be liable to indemnify the Company upon a full indemnity basis for any loss, damage or expense which results in the Company as a consequence.
- True Grip Staff can at any time terminate telephone calls which become abusive and domineering in there nature.
- Participants must notify the Company of any medical condition likely to affect them.
DECLARATION, DISCLAIMER AND COURSE COMPLETION RECORD
- Participants will be required to complete and sign a Declaration and Disclaimer prior to undertaking any course or event, and a Course Completion Record.
- The terms of such shall be deemed to be incorporated into these terms and conditions.
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
So far as the law permits the Company shall not be liable
- For the death or personal injury of any customer, participant, spectator or third party unless it is due to the negligence of the Company.
- The Company shall have no liability for damage to property, consequential losses or expenses suffered, and howsoever arising, which includes but is not limited to loss of anticipated earnings, pro´¼üts, reputation, goodwill, business receipts, contracts, losses or expenses resulting from third party claims.
- So far as the law permits, our liability for any damage, loss or expense howsoever arising, and not otherwise excluded by these terms and conditions, shall be con´¼üned to an amount no greater than the contract price agreed between us.
- Any waiver or allowance made by us shall be limited strictly to the matter and occasion in respect of which waiver or allowance is made, and shall not otherwise be taken to limit
in any way our ability to rely upon and enforce these terms and conditions.
- Any sum(s) payable to us (which shall include such legal costs and expenses [upon an indemnity basis] as we may incur by reason of your default) in accordance with these terms and conditions if unpaid within 14 days of becoming due and payable shall attract interest (to be compounded / accumulated with the sum(s) payable) at the rate of 2.0% per month (both before and after judgment), payable by you in addition.
- All bookings will be subject to these same Terms and Conditions without exception. All customers will be deemed to have read and made themselves aware of these Terms and Conditions and will have accepted them in their entirety without exception as part of the booking with us. No verbal or other communication will override these terms and Conditions in any respect whatsoever.
Any complaint should in the ´¼ürst instance be addressed to the member of staff responsible. If they are unable to resolve the issue to your satisfaction, complaints should be addressed by email to;
The Managing or Operations Director who will investigate the matter and try and resolve it. Arbitration level will be referred to:
True Grip Off Road
These terms and conditions shall be construed and determined exclusively in accordance with the laws of England and Wales┬á In the event of any dispute between us we each agree that the disputed matter(s) shall be referred to a senior lawyer for determination, who shall act as an expert and who shall be appointed, in the absence of agreement, upon the application of either party, by the President of the Law Society of England and Wales, or his / her deputy, and whose decision shall be ´¼ünal and binding upon us, save in the event of manifest error.
Any such expert so appointed who shall die or otherwise be unwilling or unable to ful´¼üll his / her appointment shall be replaced by another appointed by the same method.
Any term or condition found to be invalid in law or otherwise unenforceable shall be severed here from without affecting the validity of the remainder, and replaced by such similar, but valid or enforceable term or condition, as shall most nearly re´¼éect the spirit thereof.
True Grip Off Road Limited are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information we collect about you in accordance with the data protection act 1998. We will not contact you in the future unless you have given us your consent. We will not transfer your details to any other party without prior permission.
The company will not be responsible for any delay or failure to carry out its rights, duties and obligations under these Terms and Conditions if the delay or failure is outside the control of the company including but not limited to: Acts of God, War, Civil Disorder or Industrial Dispute